For the Junior and Senior Boys, Girls, Men’s and Ladies divisions, the Free Reformed Soccer Association has implemented the following procedure for interchange substitutions.
The following is the procedure that should be utilised for interchange substitutions:
- A player (or coach - if the team has one) on the bench (sideline) informs the linesman that they wish to make an interchange.
- During the next stoppage in the match (throw-in, goal kick, free kick or corner kick) the linesman will indicate to the referee that an interchange is requested.
- The player being interchanged only enters the field of play after the player being replaced has left the field, and after receiving a signal from the referee.
- The player being interchanged only enters the field of play at the halfway line and during a stoppage in the match (throw-in, goal kick, free kick or corner kick).
- The interchange is completed when the player being interchanged enters the field of play.
- All interchanges are subject to the authority and jurisdiction of the referee.
Note: Failure in the interchange, such as players leaving or entering the field without permission, is a cautionable offence (yellow card) for unsporting behaviour.