Occasionally the Free Reformed Soccer League receives requests from players or families to refund their registration fees. Many of these refund requests are the result of unforeseen and/or exceptional circumstances where events such as injuries or employment commitments make it impossible for the player(s) to take further part in the season. To create a standard method for dealing with requests for refund, the FRSL has devised the refund policy as outlined below that will apply for this, and future seasons.
A request must fit at least one of the following criteria to be considered:
- Serious injury.
- Work or school/university commitments.
- Unforeseen circumstances as mutually agreed upon after discussion with the FRSL Committee.
A player/family submitting a refund request:
- Prior to Matchday 1 will receive their full registration fee minus a $10 administration fee.
- Upon commencement of Matchday 1 and prior to Matchday 3 will receive a 75% reimbursement.
- Upon commencement of Matchday 3 and prior to Matchday 5 will receive a 50% reimbursement.
- Upon commencement of Matchday 5, players are no longer eligible for a refund.
Please note that refund requests will only be considered if they are submitted in writing. The request will be considered ‘lodged’ upon receipt of this written request by the secretary.
Players are advised to request a refund prior to seeking medical advice if they're unsure of their ability to continue their participation in the league.