Occasionally at the beginning and during a season the Free Reformed Soccer League receives requests from players or families to refund their registration fees. Many of these refund requests are the result of unforseen and/or exceptional circumstances where events such as injuries or employment commitments make it impossible for the player(s) to take further part in the season. To create a standard method for dealing with requests for refund, the FRSL has devised the refund policy as outlined below that will apply for this, and future seasons.
A request must be submitted with 10 days of the event (listed below) and will only be considered if the reason for the request fits at least one of the following criteria:
- Serious injury sustained before season commencement.
- Work or school/university commitments.
- Unforseen circumstances as mutually agreed upon after discussion with the FRSL Committee.
A player/family submitting a refund request:
- Prior to Matchday 1 will receive their full registration fee minus a $10 administration fee.
- Upon completion of Matchday 1 and prior to Matchday 3 will receive a 75% reimbursement.
- Upon completion of Matchday 3 and prior to Matchday 5 will receive a 50% reimbursement.
- Upon completion of Matchday 5, players will no longer be eligible for a refund.
Please note that refund requests will only be considered if they are submitted in writing. The request will be considered ‘lodged’ upon receipt of this written request by the secretary.